Gibsons is an inclusive company and cultivating a culture of inclusivity and diversity will always be a focus for our team. We may be a small business, but we have a big voice with a big community following, so it is our responsibility to ensure our products and procedures amplify those from lower socio-economic backgrounds and underrepresented groups. We are committed to ensuring our products, workplace environment, partners and practices are anti-racist by continually questioning and evaluating our processes. We are also dedicated to generating a diverse and unbiased company through a hiring and employment policy that regularly reviews our team and promotes diversity at every stage of our business.
- Implement an inclusive policy when we commission puzzle art.
- Appoint a diverse range of artists and inventors for our puzzles and games.
- Work with advocates, organisations and partners promoting, driving, and empowering change both internally at Gibsons and externally.
- Provide diversity and inclusion training for our team.
- Help young people build their experience and encourage them to move into sustained employment through the Government Kickstart Scheme.
We realise that these steps are just the start of our journey. Ending institutional racism is a longstanding commitment and our vision is to amplify those from lower socio-economic background and underrepresented groups through continually reviewing our processes to ensure we prevent intersectional discrimination within our company and the toy industry.
We are looking to collaborate and continue the conversations with companies in the toy and games industry who are also actively taking steps to ensure diverse workplaces and product offering become standard. Please do get in touch with us if you are interested in working together.
We know there is much more to do.